Wednesday, September 28, 2011

2011 Charles River Wheelmen Fall Century

My third century of the year was Charles River Wheelmen Fall century. The weather was a bit chilly, so all of dressed in winter gear. Dave, Matt and Jawahar joined me on the century.

Dave is pulling up to the first rest stop, followed by Jawahar.


Dave used to race professionally in England. Since I started riding last year, he has been very gracious with sharing knowledge and wisdom. Great guy to ride with. His son Matt is wearing one of his old jerseys.


Matt is fueling up at the second rest stop. The organizer did a good job and the roads were well marked. For comparison, the road markings for Mount Greylock was hard to see and rather small. King's tour of the Quabbin has huge road markings also. There was 2 tandem bikes on the century. At several points, I cheered them on at the bottom of a hill.

One day I hope to do a century with one of my kids. Both tandems finished the century.


Jawahar and Dave pulling into the second rest stop. Rob and I decided to push the last 5 miles to the second stop. It was nice to let the legs go and stretch out a bit. At the start of the "big" climb, dave got a flat. Once it was fixed, everyone got up the hill.


Dave, Matt and Jawahar pulling into the third stop.


I decided to sprint the last 6 miles to the third stop. Comparing the first two centuries of the year, the Giant Avail made a big difference in comfort. At mile 70 I had no fatigue at all.


Jawahar and dave finishing the century. Everyone finished and had a good time.

No comments:

Post a Comment