Saturday, January 21, 2012

Cycling withdraws suck

The great thing about cycling is that I am in good shape and feel healthy. The downside is that New England winters suck ass. The bitter cold, snow, sand and salt make riding in winter difficult. After my ride on thursday, I felt good for about 30 minutes from the adrenalin rush. A few hours later though, I really started to hate New England weather. I really @#$@%^ hate new england winters.

My body needs the endorphin rush of riding for 1-4 hours on the bike. Going to the gym really sucks from an mental and emotional perspective. Physically I can get in a good workout in 30 minutes, but I'm left with an emotional void.

I long to get out on the road for the hum of the wheels and solitude of tackling a big hill. The joy of pushing and spinning the wheels up a steep slope for 2-5 miles is emotionally and spiritually satisfying. It is similar to the spiritual high I used to get surfing in southern california.

I really do hate new england winters. I just want to get on the bike and ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment