Monday, January 13, 2014

Sufferfest

The last last few weeks, the weather has been cold and I've been on the trainer. The thing is, I used to hate the trainer. By that I mean this. I counted every minute and wished I was done. I tried watching daily show, colbert report, bones, top gear and a bunch of other stuff, but the most I could do was 25 minutes. Every minute felt like torture.

Since I have Strava premiun, I decided to give sufferfest a try. Two friends suggested. The first one I tried was rubber gloves. I had no clue what kind of suffering it would dish out and to my surprise, I managed to finish the whole thing. When I got done, I shocked myself by hitting a max heart rate of 194. Prior to this, my max heart rate with HRM was around 185. At the YMCA, I've gone over 190, but I thought it had a large margin of error. Life cycles and spin cycle HRM aren't that accurate.

After rubber gloves I tried fight club and revolver. Both of them are geared towards sprinters, so I don't really like them. Last week I decided to get rubber gloves due to poor streaming quality from Strava. The next day I also purchased the long scream and ISLAGIATT.

Watching sufferfest videos, I'm getting a better workout and have done several hour long sessions the last 2 weeks. I don't love the trainer yet, but I no longer hate it. That in itself says a lot about sufferfest videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment