Monday, July 1, 2013

Why I ride

Today the sky is grey and the ground is wet. Earlier this morning, it was pouring and the water was flowing down the hill like a stream. I felt a sense of dread mixed with a slight bit of hope. The weather report could be totally wrong and I might be able to get a ride in.

Some people have asked me why I ride and why I like big climbs. The honest truth is I am addicted to riding. It helps clear my head each day, gets my heart pumping and forces me outside. Every day I ride, I feel the adrenaline coursing through my body. Before I started riding, my weight was around 185lbs. I had no energy, felt slow and had a tough time dealing with stress.

When allergy season started, I felt miserable. My eyes itched and my nose was running. Using flonase made it bearable, but it didn't wasn't fixing the problem. After I dropped 20 lbs and improved my health, I didn't need flonase any more. Since 2010 I've been off flonase after being on it for about 3 years.

Riding has done a lot for me. Emotionally, spiritually and physically I feel better. Why I ride? The real question for me is "why doesn't everyone ride?"

No comments:

Post a Comment