Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Thanks to Salt Stick caps

I had a great time on Saturday riding Mount Greylock Century. For the first 50 miles, the temperatures were in the low 70's/high 60's. When I reached the bottom of East Holly road, my hamstrings started to cramp. Immediately I went into survival mode and went slow. Up to that point, I was doing great and got PR's on the two big climbs.

At the top of East Hawley rest stop, I quickly ate 4 Salt Stick caps. I also drank 2 bottles of water. 30 minutes later, the cramps were gone and I recovered enough to push through to the end. I'm so glad I bought salt stick caps and brought some on the ride. If I hadn't it would have been harder to finish the ride, given there's 11K+ feet of climbing.

I bought them from Run outlet

No comments:

Post a Comment