Thursday, April 25, 2013

Funny haha

The last two weeks I've been using my new Polar H7 HRM to measure my resting heart rate during the day. I use cyclemeter to log and view the results. Right now, my avg heart rate is around 57, which is pretty good.

One day, I noticed a couple of odd blips in the heart rate. When I looked at the graph, I noticed 2 different times it spiked to over 80. For a few seconds I was confused, since nothing unusual happened. Then I looked at the time and realized it was when my wife came down to the basement to talk to me.

Both times the heart rate jumped was caused by her. When I told her that fact, she got a good laugh. Even though I make a point to tell her how much I appreciate her every day, often she thinks I'm just being overly mushy. Now that I have proof from my Polar HRM, she gets a kick out of distracting me and raising my heart rate.

On a different note, after 2 months of daily use, I've noticed the soft strap is starting to smell. I soak in water after each ride, since I sweat a lot. With my previous HRM from sigma sport, it was more resistant to odors. I don't know if it's because of the strap material or hard versus soft. I guess I'll have to start washing it with detergent and see if that helps with odors.

No comments:

Post a Comment