Thursday, April 11, 2013

Castelli Nonflex Tights

Last winter I bought a pair of Nanoflex tights on close out at biketiresdirect.com. Although the material is thin, it does a good job of keeping the legs warm down to about 37 F. Lower than 32F, I wear my Pearl Izumi Amfib tights.

A few weeks back, I decided to get another pair of Nanoflex Tights, since the cheap Nashbar tights I bought 2 ago just don't fit well and don't keep my legs warm. To be fair, the Nashbar tights are about half the price. When I first started, I thought "Tights are tights, it's not going to make a difference."

Well, that's so wrong. The range of motion and warmth of the nanoflex tights are so much better that I can do a 3-4 hr ride in them. With the nashbar tights, 45 min is my limit with sub 40F temperatures. In march I did a few rides with 7HW members down to Rose32 bakery and my legs felt decent. The sweet spot for Nanoflex is right around 45F.

In terms of keeping the legs dry, it lives up to the promise. The chamois is solid and works well for me. Other people might not like it, but I find it works well for short, medium and long rides.
http://www.biketiresdirect.com/product/castelli-mens-nanoflex-bib-tight?ss=34897

The only downside with nanflex big tights is you have to be "in-shape". By that I mean "not fat". The tights fit like skin, so getting in and out of them is tough if you've put on extra pounds over winter.


No comments:

Post a Comment