Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Castelli Pave Nanoflex bib tights

I bought Castelli Pave Nanoflex bib tights and felt compelled to blog about it. Over at biketiresdirect.com they had it on closeout sale, so I decided to give it a try.

Nanoflex bib tights


When I first started riding, I bought myself some cheap Nashbar bib tights. Back then I felt expensive cycling clothing is mostly hype. Although there's hype around cycling clothing, the truth is the cheap stuff doesn't fit as well and tends to wear out faster.

Last year I bought Pearl Izumi Amfib tights, which work great for under 30 degrees. One big downside is the fit. The legs are a bit long and the shoulder straps a little loose. I bought a size small, thinking that would be the best fit. I haven't tried XS amfib tights, but given how much it costs I don't plan on buying another one until my current one wears out.

In contrast, the Pave Nanoflex bib tights fit great and look good. It compresses where it needs to and doesn't feel like my legs are in a vice. The range of motion is good and the compression snug. The amfib in comparison feels tight around my quads and loose around the torso. Comparing the cut and material between PI and Castelli, it's clearly due to design.

I had a similar experience with Castelli jacket compared to Pearl Izumi. Although cheaper brands are cheaper, they just don't fit as well. In terms of material, I've noticed Castelli clothing breathes better than Pearl Izumi. Overall, I'm unsatisfied with Nashbar clothing. Satisfied with Pearl Izumi. Castelli clothing is very satisfying.

No comments:

Post a Comment