Friday, March 16, 2012

Eating properly

During the winter, I try to eat healthy, but the cold gives me the munchies. Once the weather warms up, I switch back to fruits for snacks and more veggies. This week I ate a banana every day before my ride. It makes a significant difference. Today it rained, so I had to go to the gym. Usually, I try to get in as many miles as I can in 30 minutes. Today I managed to average 25mph for 30 minutes and logged a little over 12miles. Over the winter I tried to do longer workouts on the stationary bikes, but I can't seem to do it. It is simply too boring.

Another thing I try to do during riding season is to drink water instead of juice. One thing I noticed the last 2 years is proper hydration before a workout makes a big difference. When I'm properly hydrated, I don't get cotton mouth and have a easier time recovering from a strenuous climb. When I don't drink enough water, I feel it in my legs, and breathing.

No comments:

Post a Comment