Sunday, March 10, 2013

First long ride of the year

Today I did my first long ride of the year with Dale, Michael, Dave, Katja, Marty and Matt down to Rose32 bakery. It was a good ride and happily the road conditions were decent. There were a few spots where there was ice. On the way down, mike got a flat, so that was a nice little break. On the back, everyone took turns pulling.

As usual, I don't ride smart. About a half mile before Long Pond hill, I took my turn pulling and pushed myself. At the bottom of the climb, I was near my limit. Dale, dave and marty decided to attack the hill and push up the last bit. As a result, I got dropped but I don't mind.

I was seriously getting pissed and bummed out from all the snow, so riding was the exact antidote I needed. Pushing myself up the hill felt great and I managed to get  PR on Long Pond Hill, which means I'm in the same shape at the same time last year.

In terms of handling, I'm feeling better about my road handling skills. It's still not as good as some people in 7HW, but I'm happy to be out riding. I'm lucky to have some cycling friends to ride with and a job that lets me ride every day. I hope to log more miles this year. If I don't, it's no big deal.

No comments:

Post a Comment