Wednesday, January 23, 2013

Follow up on Castelli tights

On Sunday, I went for a ride with the temperature hovering around 39-40F. I wore the nanoflex tights for the first time. Happily to my surprise I felt comfortable and didn't feel cold at all.

Nanoflex big tights

The tights themselves are snug and fit better than my Amfib tights. A couple of minor nitpicks. As I was walking around the house, I felt the tights crimp the back of my knee. To alleviate that, I pulled the tights up higher on the thigh. The downside of the nanoflex material is that it was hard to get a good grip. With some persistence, I got the tights higher and it was comfortable.

For temperatures below 24 I would use the Amfib tights instead. For temps above 30F, it felt fine for me and I'm a whimp when it comes to cold weather.


No comments:

Post a Comment