Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Cold weather gear

The last 2 weeks the weather has been getting colder, so I decided to buy some warmer clothing. After some research, I decided to get Pearl Izumi AmFIB bib tights

from http://www.nashbar.com/. One thing I missed is the picture on nashbar is the AmFIB cycling bib tights

.

The difference is the cycling tights have chamois, where as the regular tights do not. There's a benefit to the regular tights. You don't have to wash it as often. Instead, you wear either liner shorts or regular bike shorts underneath. This way, you wash the bike shorts after each ride and the AmFIB every few days.

When I ordered the AmFIB, I didn't notice this difference. Nashbar has great prices, but their inventory varies quite a bit and they don't always have the item I want in my size. I've been very happy with the stuff I buy at nashbar. If I like the AmFIB, I may get the cycling tights in January, when it really gets cold.

No comments:

Post a Comment